In this post, we hope to answer all of your burning questions about the TCU Career Network Webinars. Be sure to register and join us for our TCU Career Network Webinar Series the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00pm CST by clicking here and then clicking the Register button in the top right corner of the screen.
- What exactly is a webinar?
- Who can participate in this series?
- Is there a cost to participate in this series?
- Why are you offering this series?
- How do I watch the webinars?
- Do you send reminders?
- Do I have to participate in the live webinars?
- Can I choose which webinars I want to participate in?
- Can we ask questions during the presentation?
1. What exactly is a webinar?
A webinar is an audio and visual presentation on the web. The live audio is delivered to your location through your computer speakers. A power point presentation is presented over the internet. Since the presentation is web-based, this means you can watch it from any location you choose!
2. Who can participate in this series?
Students, alumni, faculty and staff are welcome.
3. Is there a cost to participate in this series?
No. Nothing at all.
4. Why are you offering this series?
Since 2007, employment opportunities for grads have tanked! At the same time, the job search process has dramatically changed. Students can no longer “wing it” and get a job. They have to have the skills businesses are looking for, know how to interview and understand how to use Social Media to get jobs. Like anything else, it takes time and effort. Our goal is to help more student get jobs by graduation day!
5. How do I watch the webinars?
You can choose to participate in the live webinars or you can watch the recorded webinars after the event. Simply go to the TCU Career Network Webinar website and click on the Upcoming Events tab to view the live webinars. For recorded webinars, click on the same link, then the Events Library tab and select the View Now button for each webinar you want to watch.
6. Do you send reminders?
Yes. You will get a reminder the day of the webinar, via email. We suggest you copy the link to your daily calendar and just click on it to attend the webinars. The link will ALWAYS BE THE SAME FOR ALL WEBINARS!
7. Do I have to participate in the live webinars?
No you do not. You can skip the live webinars and only watch the recordings.
8. Can I choose which webinars I want to participate in?
9. Can we ask questions during the presentation?
Yes! You can type your questions at anytime during the presentation. You also can participate in the online discussion board prior to or after the webinar.
Please feel free to email us if you have additional questions about the webinars!